9 September 2014

Today a Bunny, Tomorrow the World

Sonja and I were eating dinner. The Hammer was watching us eat, like she usually does, when she was called to the window by a noise we heard as well. Squeaky ball rubber duck sort of a noise. The dog did not seem to see anything so she lay back down to look at us.

The noise, however, continued in fits and stops.

Squeak, squeak, squeak.

Sonja got up to look. "I don't see fuck all," she said and sat back down.

Squeak, squeak, squeak.



I got up. Saw the three of the neighbourhood cats tormenting a baby bunny. It was the bunny squeak, squeak, squeaking.

"The fucking cats are killing a bunny," I yelled.

"Nooooooooooooooooooo!" Sonja screamed. "Not a bunny!"

I grabbed a box and went out and rescued the little fucker. Gave the cats the stink eye. Bunny's flank was tore up some but his neck was intact so I figured he might make it.

While I was on my rabbit rescue mission Sonja was talking on the phone with the hippies down at the wildlife rescue centre. They told Sonja where I should take the bunny (a vet) and asked if we could leave a donation in the rescue centre's money box there.

As I pulled up the road in my bunny ambulance the cats were giving me the stink eye. "Fucking buzzkill you are," they would have said if they were not stupid fucking cats.

I could hear the bunny moving around in his box as I sped to the vet. Motherfucker was going to make it.

Today a bunny, tomorrow the world.  

 

1 comment:

karen said...

Oh Beer. You are just every kind of great. Thanks.