14 March 2014

On Leadership



Do not quote a lot of people here. Hardly seems necessary when there are millions of quotations at one's fingertips nowadays. When I do draw on another's voice it is usually one of the wise old Anarchist crews like Godwin or Woodworth. Today I will make an exception and quote a hockey player who has become the president of the Abbotsford Heat AHL team. That man is Ryan "Archist" Walter.

I attended a talk of his where he was talking about leadership. When I went I hoped he would know something about the subject because hockey players are the single biggest source of leadership material in my country.

This is what he said that I liked the most. "You do it because it's right and if it's not right you don't do it."

That is leadership, motherfuckers.

 

No comments: