2 October 2012

The Noisiest, the Loudest, the Most Expressive



Been walking my dog so much lately she came up to me today to say, "Thanks Beer. You can take me out for walks as often and as long as you like."

She does this with body language. Body language I have come to understand pretty good over the years. The Hammer is easily the most expressive of the dogs I have had. Not the noisiest, just the most expressive.

Strangler was the noisiest; Ranger the loudest. It pays to have a series of dogs of the same breed in your life. As you come to better understand each dog in turn your dogs one after the other get to know you better too.

3 comments:

Kim said...

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog."
Edward Hoagland

Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

Bow-wow!

Tim said...

I got a new dog. She's old and blind. Every morning, she charges down the driveway. Fuckin' squirrels don't know she can't see and unass the ground into trees. That makes her feel good. Me too.
She used to live with my stepson and one day she decided to stay here instead of going with him. So that's that. Is Gabor Matte opening a clinic in SF? Dogs are better trainers than humans, if you do it right. I'm in negotiations to get BeBe back. I already got the cats.