19 December 2008

Listening to Motorhead


Listening to Motorhead got me thinking about the first dope dealer I visited. I got vouched for by another teenage hood who told me, "Eddie always has shitloads of dope." I was supposed to play it cool on my first visit with the dealer. How much cooler could I be? I was barely a teenager and Lemmy and Reed were already my idols. Top that, motherfuckers.

The dope dealer had some great music playing on his very loud stereo. Some sort of psychedelic blues. I was a big fan of drug oriented music but I did not ask the dealer who he was deafening us with. I was playing it cool.

That connection, good as it was, would be replaced by others. I do not know what I would have done if there were not so many dope dealers to choose from when just beer would not fucking do it.

Merry Christmas to all you motherfucking dope dealers out there.

No comments: