15 April 2008

Welcome to my Seminar


I try not to let my fondness for getting shitfaced stop me from doing everything else I like to do. I ought to put on a motherfucking seminar on the subject. The government, churches and the do-gooders all try to make heavy drinkers out to be losers but the fact is most successful people like to binge on the booze.

That said, I was so hungover the day after the roller derby show I did not even walk the Hammer. She took it pretty good. Sonja was suffering from a late season cold so my dog probably assumed we were both sick with it.

Today I made it up to her. She roared around in the bright sun and cold wind faster than the RCMP can make up excuses for a slow moving backwoods detachment's reaction to the sudden death of three children. "Some kids died, eh? And their probable killer is on the loose. What do you think we should do?" I think the Merritt RCMP have been watching too much Corner Gas.

When I asked my dog to come back to me so I could get a beer or two into me before dinner she ran straight up to me, more happy-like than ever. My body might take a day or two to respond to my ill treatment but my dog forgives me right away.
That's my girl.

No comments: