15 April 2008

New Pink


Tonight, as she watched a story about a famous couple getting hitched, Sonja asked me, "If we could get married anywhere where would you like to get married?"

I told her, "The roller derby, baby. I'm pretty sure the President of the Terminal City Roller Girls has the power to marry people."

"You need to get a new fixation."

"Not as much as I need a beer."

"Get your own beer roller derby dirty man."

I liked that. Roller Derby Dirty Man.

"Where do you want to get married?" I asked diplomatically.

"The Commodore Ballroom," replied Sonja dreamily.

"The Commodore does have three bars. That could come in handy."

1 comment:

Your driver said...

http://www.bleedingheartlandrollergirls.com/news.html

Roller girls from one of my several olde home towns, Bloomington, Indiana. I think that they are cute because they try to look rad and just can't do it. They're from Southern Indiana, one of the warmest, fuzziest and most illiterate places in America. Haven't they ever heard of spellcheck? As my fellow workers used to say to me, "What's that you got there? A booook?"