28 March 2008

Hole, Montrose and the Cowboy Junkies


Ever wondered about the fuckhead ahead of you in the thrift store check out line buying $3 worth of cassette tapes? You guessed it, the fuckhead is me. I still buy 8-tracks too when I spot one I would like to add to my eclectic collection. Oh yeah, I am the motherfucker with just about all of Stompin' Tom Connors' 8-tracks.

Today I picked up Hole's "Live Through This" (for my money Hole are the best band to ever come out of the home of my favourite baseball team - the Seattle Pilots) (plus Courtney Love has great tits and ass); Ronnie Montrose's "The Diva Station" (never heard that one before but Ronnie's band Montrose played a wicked cover of Keith Richard's "Connection" way back in my roller skating days); and the terribly Canadian Cowboy Junkies' "Whites Off Earth Now."

Cassettes, by the way, sound a lot better than mp3s. And, no, I do not take photographs with a Polaroid.

2 comments:

Your driver said...

Mr. Beer, Any thoughts on Hank Snow? He was a Canadians' Canadian, at least in the eyes of real Americans. Plus his son, (Blank) Snow had that big hit with 'Informer'. I figure he must be as important a figure in the canon of the Canadian stellar firmament as Ms. Murray, although perhaps not as sexually arousing to yourself personally. It is 4:00 AM. I have hit the snooze button repeatedly. I have to be to work in an hour and I have been reading Amazon.com's suggestions for me. I know it's Friday, but I do not want to go to work.

Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

Stompin' Tom Connors is a Canadians' Canadian. Hank was a snappy dresser.