15 July 2006

Vibrator



Visited my record store on the way home from work today. Yeah, I still call the motherfuckers record stores. I picked up a copy of the Drive-By's "Blessing and a Curse" I had held off on buying because the southern cunts cancelled their Dope City show this spring. I'll have to listen to that one later because I found a copy of the Vibrators' "Punk - The Early Years".

I was listening to it and downing a few welfare beers when Sonja came home from work. She immediately got to rockin'.

I have the original pressings of just every record covered on this cd. I am happy to be alive to hear these splendid Vibrator covers. This is the shit I spun on my school common room record player. This is the noisy shit I played for my Nazareth and Alice Cooper loving brothers when I returned to the land of hockey and good motherfucking beer. This is the shit that went with every drug on the planet. It was one fuck of a lot better than listening to Pink Floyd or Rick Wakeman or Prism.

The song that stands out above them all is The Vibe's cover of Motorhead's "Vibrator". It sounds even better on my cheap fuck computer speakers than it does on the real stereo in the living room. Like Lemmy said last time he was in Dope City when half the audience boo'd when he asked "Anybody here like the Sex Pistols? - It's all Rock 'n' Roll".

This shit hurts when you turn it up. Long Live The Vibrators.

And don't forget: I drive a black cadillac with whips and furs and cold Canadian beer in the back. Motherfuckers.

No comments: