21 July 2017

Soldier



My dad was a soldier. The killing kind. "Good thing Newfoundland joined Canada so I could enlist in the army when I was still young enough for priests to find me attractive or else it would have been a short life on the sea for me."

I, in turn, became a soldier too. The political kind. Always a political fight needing muscle when you are a working class fuck like myself.

Won the last fight we did.

I am not in line for any six figure jobs in the public service.

I am not in line for any job.

I am in line at the liquor store on a Friday afternoon as usual.

The next fight never more than a few ticks distant.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Hey, you know what? I served the fucking Queen for several years, and I serve her still as my son is at her service in the ***** ***** ***. I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you, lol. Excuse my bitterness.

Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

There are rewards for writing the DCFP. Contributions from readers who can fit both "fucking" and "Queen" in a sentence are highly prized around here.