21 July 2017

Soldier



My dad was a soldier. The killing kind. "Good thing Newfoundland joined Canada so I could enlist in the army when I was still young enough for priests to find me attractive or else it would have been a short life on the sea for me."

I, in turn, became a soldier too. The political kind. Always a political fight needing muscle when you are a working class fuck like myself.

Won the last fight we did.

I am not in line for any six figure jobs in the public service.

I am not in line for any job.

I am in line at the liquor store on a Friday afternoon as usual.

The next fight never more than a few ticks distant.

1 comment:

Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

There are rewards for writing the DCFP. Contributions from readers who can fit both "fucking" and "Queen" in a sentence are highly prized around here.