17 January 2016

Got Those Dope City Blues Again



My baby says I snore too loud
My dog's about to die
My mama's in the nursing home
My daddy he's long gone

The Dope City blues
Got me hanging up the phone
Only people calling
Want my pay cheque for their own

My car is in the shop again
It is always something else
Now the roof is leaking
And it ain't into the sink

The Dope City blues
Got me hanging up the phone
Only people calling
Want my pay cheque for their own

I did not win the lottery
And my horse just came in last
I cashed in my empties last week
I think I need a drink

2 comments:

motorcycleguy said...

they say the last thing you should say to someone with the blues is "I know how you feel"....but I personally find comfort in it, usually said person offers you a glass of cheap red wine (or equally appreciated pot of homemade soup) while they are trying to console

with you on every line....'cept it's our cat...and, I never been much for the track (unless its a straight line asphalt one)....and.... I got the roof fixed 2 years ago (maybe I should have left that part out but cannot tell a lie)

"with you on every line" coming from anybody just doesn't cut it though...we're not in your chair getting a nod from the Hammer...she is just in the present but you are thinking of the future

Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

It is just another January in Dope City.