26 April 2012

Surrounded By Madness



Phoned my dad last night after work. "I'd like to talk son but I'm watching American Idol with Ducky. She's giving me the old stink eye right now."

I could hear Ducky in the background. "Tell him to phone back on Friday. American Idol is not on Friday."

We said our talk to you laters. He sounded good. You can tell a lot about how someone is doing by the way they sound. Like when my foreman tells me, "You do not sound sick," after I have phoned in to not tell him I have had a solid weekend playing the horses.

My dad would like me to hook up a camera to my computer. Then we could see each other when we talk. I told him, "You get some naked dancing girls in the room with you when we talk and I'll think about it." Do not need to see his old mug. Saw it for years at home and besides I have read "1984" far too often to have a fondness for having a camera on me when I am in front of my computer.

Sonja watches American Idol too. I am surrounded by madness.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will accept my shame and admit to having watched Idol last night with Stella my much better half.

Joshua Ledet, doing Queens Freddie Mercury proud last night, an absolute red hot smokin' performance...wow!

Thank gawd for pvr and fast forward though,I must admit I couldn't watch the show live in it's entirety.

Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

As I said, surrounded.

Anonymous said...

TV could be worse...
The Canuckleheads could still be playing hockey!!

paul said...

The camera thing is actually pretty cool. The lighting is usually bad, and the images are jumpy, but it's got a nice family sci-fi feel. We've been using it down in Honduras. You might like it.

Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

I can see how using a Big Brother Cam might be preferable to what I am guessing is a haphazard phone system in Honduras or some place like it. Gives me chills just thinking about it.

RossK said...

As long as you're not actually watching American Idol while being watched by the camera, I reckon everything is just fine.

Anonymous said...

You guys are freaking me out especially with the Google gathering mobile driving by me in the ferry line up this morning...and to top it off I left me tin foil hat at home so I think they got me...feckers!