25 December 2011

Christmas Prayer


"Come quick! Anne Murray's on tv!" Sonja called out to me this morning.

I ran from my office, cup of coffee and whisky in hand, to see what the fuck Anne Murray was doing on tv on Christmas morning.

"That's not Anne Murray," I told Sonja. "That's the fucking Queen."

"You sure?" asked Sonja.

"Yes, I'm sure," I answered. "Anne Murray doesn't have her own flag yet."

We watched the Queen deliver her message. She is getting more religious, as many people do, as they creep towards their graves. I may be getting a little more religious myself.

I am praying, like most all her subjects, Queen Elizabeth outlives the Prince of Wales.

5 comments:

Jim Parrett said...

As some tool in a Maritimes newspaper pointed out a few months ago, people not only get more religious as they grow older, they become wiser because they are more conservative. You might want to keep that in mind, Mr. Smartypants Beer & Hockey.

And how dare you compare the queen with The Queen?? Anne Murray deserves better.

Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

As time snowbirds along wisdom and wackiness grow parallel one another in the human being like two robust valley bottom cedars in the west coast rain.

Kim said...

That was poetic Beer N. Hockey. Merry Christmas!

mollymew said...

"Whiskey and beer" ?????? Ick Beer ! You obviously have a stomach of iron. What's the matter with tradition and rum and milk ?

sana said...

Merry Christmas frinds sory i am late...