13 October 2010

A Long Time Ago


A long time ago when I was walking around a K-Mart, I saw Stompin' Tom Connor's "Merry Christmas Everybody" cd. I was still pissed off with the record companies and their shitty cds so I did not buy it. Figured I might some other time when the record companies were not still pissing me off. That day never came and I never saw the record again.

That would have been over twenty years ago. My time flies when you drink. We do not even have K-Marts in this country any more. Just motherfucking Wal-Mart.

I could not believe my eyes when I saw it on the shelf of a thrift store on my way home from work today. Good thing I still have my cassette player because it was the cassette version that was for sale - forty nine cents. Looks like it has been played once at the most.

Christmas is going to be great this year! Beer, Bad Santa, and Stompin' Tom Connors having a good Christmas puke under the tree together.

No comments: