28 October 2010

Free Randy and Evi Quaid


In Randy and Evi Quaid I see a grown up version of Sid and Nancy and am therefore highly sympathetic to their quest to keep out of the United States of Starwhackerdom. Perhaps I have just watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation a few too many times. In any case, I feel that making Canada, in this time of deep economic crisis, a favourable destination to those seeking refuge from threats, real or imagined, just so long as they promise to behave no worse than the rest of us crazy Canadian motherfuckers, looks to be a sound idea from every angle I have looked at.

Just imagine how bright the grey faces of Dope City in December would light up when they see Randy Quaid walking down the sidewalk or through the bar door.

That is about all I can say because, like usual, I do not know what the fuck is really going on.

2 comments:

RossK said...

And neither, I fear, does poor Randy.

(know what is going on, I mean)

Anonymous said...

I admire,maybe, all those who recognize that they don't know "what" is really "going on". I feel the same , and I don't like it. I still have the dogs and the kid buffaloed though, they know I'm a God. It won't last, but I'll take what I can get. I'm researching the art because I have too much time on my hands and a computer.