9 March 2010

Heart to Heart


Heart are playing a show at my town's big new hockey arena. Last time I saw them I was swinging from the rafters of old Empire Stadium high on mushrooms. Time before that I saw them play a dance at my high school. I think that was the time I got loaded on a mixture of acne medication, lemon gin and chemical weed. I saw God, He was not impressed. I still like the magic mushroom label in the centre of Heart's first record or two. They are, for good or bad, the Led Zeppelin of the Pacific Northwest.

If Sonja wants to go see Heart I will go with her. "Remember when you were swinging from the roof of Empire Stadium, higher than Michael Jackson the day he died, the last time we saw Heart?" We had just starting dating. I was trying to make a good impression. Somebody's got to love the crazy, doped-up motherfuckers of the world.

No comments: