28 February 2009

Baby Elvis (post 1000)


There is a new baby on the street. The Hammer had her first sniff of the baby yesterday. The baby wiggled helplessly in its stroller as my dog had a close look before giving the baby a good luck lick across his pink face.

"He was a week early," the baby's mom told me. The baby is my neighbour's first child; the first baby on the street for a couple years.

"What's his name?" I asked.

The boy's father told me, "His name is Elvis. Same as his grand-dad."

"You think he is going to win the Stanley Cup when he grows up?"

"Fucking right he is."


2 comments:

mollymew said...

My curiosity is piqued, but not about the baby.
How old is Hammer ?
What breed of dog is she ? I'm betting a Lab cross.
Molly.

Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

The Hammer's a Newf. She is in her prime dog years.