9 January 2008

Oh, Say Can You See?


I have already heard enough about the American Democratic and Republican leadership races to make me vomit. What that country needs, besides a size 13 kick in their fat ass, is a fucking king like Canada is going to have before long. Fuck the Presidents and their promises, visions, fears, constituencies and bullshit. Democracy has failed in America. Just watch: it is going to fail yet again.

I used to give a shit about American politics. When I was in England, being erudite and drinking a lot, I was considered to be something of an expert on American politics - us Canadians are the experts on all things American. The English know as little about the rest of the world as America.

Carter was running against Ford then. It did not take a genius to figure Carter would win. Ford looked good next to Nixon but like crap next to anyone else.

Next thing you knew that fascist Reagan was ruining his make-believe land of the free and doing the same to the Mexican countryside with paraquat.

Wake me up when a single American Presidential candidate makes Freedom their platform.

1 comment:

Your driver said...

Ron Paul is claiming that freedom is his platform, but he mostly means freedom for rich people to do as they please, which is what we've already got. I'm hoping I get to vote for Cynthia McKinney on the Green ticket. I'd hate to have people consider me an expert on anything about America. What I mostly hear from Canadians is, "Nice place to go on vacation, but we've got universal healthcare. Did you know that? Huh? Anyone tell you about that? Did they?" I know it's popular to bitch about Canada, but I just read, with considerable envy, a woman's account of her move from Santa Cruz to BC. If I lived there, I'd make it a point to ignore the US elections.