28 April 2006

On the Path Again


The Hammer scooted by some good eating as we made our way through what was until very recently the neighbourhood hobo jungle. My scavenger's eye was drawn to something in the middle of the path. My beer hungry mind tried to make sense of what it was. A piece of bone caked in dried blood attached to some fur itself attached to a cat paw! Yum!

The yummy cat paw reminded me of when my old dog Strangler found most of a dead cat under a bush and ate most of it before I could drag him away. Cat bones are real crunchy when a dog eats them. It sounded like the first spoonful of Captain Crunch before the milk has had a chance to soften up the CRUNCH, CRUNCH, CRUNCH, CRUNCH.

A neighbour's dog ate a live cat one time too. CRUNCH, CRUNCH, CRUNCH, CRUNCH. Eddie, the scariest, friendliest guard dog I ever ran into that was not a pit bull made the front page of the newspaper. He ate the whole cat but was spared euthanization by the local Pet Gestapo on a technicality.

Question is, would I eat a cat if I was hungry enough? Because I have had dogs I know what the insides of birds and cats look like. They look real good. Backyard bird flesh looks better than supermarket chicken. Some hicks from the sticks I know eat cougar. They say it is a lot better than the seal I eat.

Here kitty, kitty.

No comments: