8 April 2006

Born Every Minute


On the way home from work the talk show host was interviewing some asshole about the Gnostic Gospels. On and on they went about Judas and Jesus and who said what and did what to whom. As I maneuvered my way through the maniacal Friday rush like Bobby Orr taking it end to end I thought, "Who gives a fuck and a half?"

Listen up religious motherfuckers! The crucifixion and subsequent resurrection were Jesus' way of saying, "There is a motherfucking sucker born every minute."

I had to turn off the radio and play a new cd of music I have coaxed out of my computer. The song I have from Kris Kristofferson's new record is brilliant. If the rest of the record is as good the old hippy has hit a late career homer. Half a dozen of the other songs I burned are from a benefit concert Patterson Hood from the Drive-By Truckers performed for a boozy benefit rock show in support of the magical healing power of beer. All the songs are Stones covers and they kill like friendly fire.

If you do not already own at least one Drive-By Trucker record or cd fuck off. Their new record is released 11 days from now. It is called A Blessing and a Curse. Just like Jesus, motherfuckers.

No comments: