27 January 2019

Jagmeet Singh for Burnaby, British Columbia and the World



Spent the day working in the Jagmeet Singh campaign on Saturday. An hour drive to get there. Four hours of work. Another hour back to my home in the sticks. If I lived in fucking Kamloops I would have made it in to Burnaby for the day. How often does a motherfucker get to help out the leader of the NDP?

I was teamed up with someone from Richmond to go do a little door knocking. Chinese. Cute. Union. Made it to the campaign office on the fucking train.

Once we parked in the neighbourhood we were assigned I pulled the joint out of my pocket I had rolled for the occasion. “I never smoke that before!” she admitted.

“I can smoke the whole fucking thing myself I guess. But if we smoke it together we’ll have ourselves one fuck of a good time with the people of Burnaby.”

“Maybe I just smoke a little and you let me take the marks,” she suggested. She did just that. Relaxed her a little, like good cannabis should.

Neighbourhood was solidly for our candidate. People from all over our fucked up planet too. In time we were invited into a women’s place for tea. She was a cancer patient. Braver than fuck. Full of the stories only people who spent too much time in hospital and survived can tell you. Woman, like so many of us, was just fucking hanging on. And she said this as we were about to go, “The last thing I would do with what might  be my last vote on this planet is give it to those scumbag Liberals!”

2 comments:

Allan MacInnis said...

Hey, you have your own blog! I am back to fulltime work on Tuesday but definitely support Jagmeet Singh's campaign... Might jusr look into volunteering myself!

Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

Fun group to help out with in Burnaby! Every bit of help Jagmeet can get helps too.