26 January 2018

Proposed Longest Ever Bike Lanes



Having driven the freeway from Where Your Blueberries And Marijuana Is Grown to Dope City for decades I would like to propose all lanes be closed and turned over to bicycles as soon as possible. The route has become fucking useless for car travel and I think it is past time for us to stop pretending it is a road in the usual sense of the word. It has gotten so bad I could get to work both faster and safer if I could get a pair of wheels on the freeway instead of having to navigate the more indirect farm roads. Plus no lights! Bicyclists love that shit.

As a compromise to the motoring public I think we could leave a lane for motorcycles.

Close the motherfucking Death Trap Freeway to cars and trucks! Right fucking now!

2 comments:

karen said...

When you think of all the space that cars take up in the world, what with highways and streets and parking lots and car sales lots, and how cars are driven somewhere only to sit for hours and do nothing, it kind of boggles the mind. I often wonder what our civilization would look like if we could do something useful or good with that space.

Of course, that doesn't square very well with my gratitude to getting the hell out of the middle of nowhere from time to time on a road trip, or not having to wait for busses.

Cognitive dissonance- it's my reason for beer.

Ray Blessin said...

Karen,
Busses = kisses . . . . buses however, refers to more than one bus.