17 September 2017

I Remain Unconvinced

I still read books and magazines. Different books and magazines magazines than I did when I was younger, but not that different. i.e. They are still made from trees (for the most part) and there are still sentences and sometimes even pictures in them.

You learn shit when you read words printed on paper. I remain unconvinced that electronic editions of the very same content provide an equal learning (or entertainment) experience.

Today I read a cup and half of Starbucks pumpkin spice latte packs 50% more calories than the same portion of a popular pumpkin ale. I am pretty sure this is solid proof that Starbucks customers, nearly all of whom are married to multiple electronic devices in addition to high fat caffeine drinks, have highly developed mind rot.

Unfortunately it is the very same mind rot that causes a man to drink a pumpkin ale instead of a fucking beer.

No comments: