3 October 2010

The Spirit of '76


I am not much of a movie buff. I have seen little, if any, evidence of cinema's positive influence on culture since the Marx Brothers made "Duck Soup." That said, I read a couple line's from "A Streetcar Named Desire" that sort of describe what I have been trying do here when I have a few minutes to devote to my craft of writing. The lines are spoken by the character Blanche DuBois.

"I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell truths. I tell what ought to be truth."  

2 comments:

Your driver said...

I don't want the facts. I want the truth.

Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

"If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things." - Rene Descartes