3 March 2010

Get Over It


My neighbour with the dog that is bigger than mine and I were discussing Letdown Monday as our dogs sniffed around the park this afternoon. Just about everybody around here felt far worse on Monday than you have ever felt on your worst New Year's Day.

"It's a good fucking thing we won the hockey game," is how my neighbour put it. There is nothing Canadians like better than kicking American ass. Too bad we cannot do it every day.

If you need something to look forward to soon, besides the Stanley Cup play-offs, roller derby begins soon. The girls start jamming out here where your corn grows in less than two weeks; the Dope City girls get rolling in early April. (Good luck Andi!) Roller derby, for the record, is way more fun than the Olympics and kicking American ass put together.

The big surprise of the Olympics for me was a 50% increase in people visiting Dope City's only Free Press. Yesterday's edition, King Shit of Gold Medal Mountain, was read by even more people than my previous one day record holder which was a story written last year about roller derby.

Thanks for coming by, motherfuckers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

April 10th, Kerrisdale Arena. Be there!

Law & Whore-der
(RRR)

Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

I look forward to the Kerrisdale derby above all else. That is where I saw you and Andi for the very first time under the same roof Bill Haley, DOA and Motorhead raised. By the way, did you trade your RRR to an American girl?

Anonymous said...

I love Kerrisdale Arena. I figure skated there as a kid. Plus, The Clash played there.

I've gone over to the dark side this year. I'm a referee now, hence the name change. See you April 10th!

Law & Whore-der