2 February 2010

The Once Red Menace


I went by the Recreation Centre to see if I could get a glimpse of the Russian speedskating team working out. There was a huge line of people waiting to take their twenty minute turn watching the once Red Menace. I hate standing in line for anything but beer so I said, "Fuck that shit!" to myself and turned the car back towards home.

That was when I saw a few of the Russian coaches smoking around the back of the rink where the skateboarders smoke their dope and tell their sidewalk war stories. I drove over to where they were standing, rolled down the window of my car and shouted at them, "Good luck to Russia at the Olympics!" and gave them the thumbs up. The coaches smiled, blew smoke out of their noses and gave me the thumbs up back.

Then I shouted, "But your hockey team can fuck off and die!" before I drove off into the Canadian sunset.

No comments: