20 February 2010

2010 Animal Olympics


"When one jumps over the edge, one is bound to land somewhere." D.H. Lawrence

I started the car and
Listened to the traffic report
After my shift was over.

The end of another motherfucking week
In the motherfucking mill.

Traffic was good.

I switched from the radio to the cd player.

I turned it up.

As planned,
Animal screamed,
"So fucking what!"

I sang along.

I fucked a sheep.

I fucked a goat.

I pulled my flask of Glen Breton
From the glove compartment and
Took a little guzzle.

I wished it was a beer.

I might look like your grandpa
But inside
I felt like I was seventeen again.

That is what it is like being a man.

Later I drank wine,
Ate dinner,
Wrote a two line poem and
Watched Danish women curl.

Later yet I dreamed
Of Danish women curlers
In fishnet stockings
And roller skates.

It was a five ring fuck fest.

Go, Denmark, go!

No comments: