26 June 2009

Holiday in Hell




Black people got a lot of problems
But they don't mind throwing a brick
White people go to school
Where they teach you how to be thick


White Riot, one of the 45s from the '70s that prevented me walking around in a wrinkled Led Zeppelin t-shirt the rest of my life, seem an unlikely set of lyrics to precede a brief description of what I feel about what the fuck is going on in 2009. Hell, Strummer and his doped up, noisy buddies got boring faster than a South Carolina Governor's marriage after the release of their first single.


And everybody's doing
Just what they're told to
And nobody wants
To go to jail


Shit was fucked up in '76 - no question about it. But shit is double fucked up in '09. There is not a corner of our planet that is not confronting the sort of evil that would make Satan shit his pants and run. That's right motherfuckers - Hell is a Holiday, book your tickets today.


All the power's in the hands
Of people rich enough to buy it
While we walk the street
Too chicken to even try it


Shit is so double fucked up the people with power in their hands are even talking about giving up on the Prohibition of the drugs people like so much more than they like beer. I cannot believe it - just when the war on drugs was showing promise. Pardon my sarcasm. Every motherfucker who was ever in favour of Drug Prohibition should have their name added to the list of ingredients on a fresh package of Soylent Green. Or better yet, let's send the motherfuckers to Iran.


Are you taking over
Or are you taking orders?
Are you going backwards?
Or are you going forwards?


Maybe I am just upset because Farrah Fawcett is dead. Keep taking your vitamins Anne Murray. The world needs to hear you sweetly singing White Riot more than ever.


White riot - I wanna riot
White riot - a riot of my own
White riot - I wanna riot
White riot - a riot of my own



1 comment:

ib said...

Yes. And I hear on the grapevine - belatedly - that Sky Saxon of the Seeds popped his clogs on Thursday too.

That Iranian nonsense had me all steamed up and spilling my bourbon.