10 September 2008

Boycott the 2008 Canadian Federal Election Update #1


I have been thinking about the Canadian Federal Election. Just thinking about the subject gets an old Cock Sparrer song spinning in my head. Elections are the crucifixions of our modern world. (Cock Sparrer, for those of you unfamiliar with them, were the Lynyrd Skynyrd of east London 30 years ago.)


Take 'em all, take 'em all
Put 'em up against a wall and shoot 'em
Short and tall, watch 'em fall
Come on boys take 'em all


Besides the election there is this one other thing the fucking government has been up to that has become a bee in my bonnet. There are Spirit Squares being built to commemorate us being taken to the cleaners by the 2010 Olympics. It has occurred to me that if in the future we continue to backslide as a civilization (a near certainty in my opinion) and start hanging people in public again those Spirit Squares will be just the place for Ellis to do his work.

No comments: