21 October 2007

Ovation


I dreamed last night I bought an Ovation guitar. It was baby blue. I learned to play it and I wrote some songs. The songs were not very good but I put on a show and people bought tickets and when I sang they sang along.

I could not sing much better than I could write songs so I asked the audience, "Is there anyone here tonight who would like to sing my songs so I could just stand here and drink and play my guitar? I have the words all written down for you." I waved a stack of dirty papers I kept in my guitar case so everyone could see how easy it would be.

Someone in the front row smoking a joint said, "Fuck you Beer, sing your own fucking songs." But after that asshole said his piece a woman's voice at the back of the hall said, "I'll sing your songs." A beautiful blonde walked up the aisle and leaned into my guitar case so I could see everything. She showed me the song she wanted to sing and I started to play my guitar. The song sounded a lot better being sung by Anne Murray than being sung by me.

In Sliverville
There's been a whole lot of killing
The police say
There's been a whole lot of killing

There's been a whole lot of killing
In Sliverville tonight

In Sliverville
There's been a whole lot of shooting
The mayor says
This is a peaceful real safe town
But there's been a whole lot of shooting
In Sliverville tonight

In Sliverville
There's been a whole lot of slashing
The reporters on my big screen television say
There's been a whole lot of slashing and shooting and killing tonight

There's been a whole lot of slashing and shooting and killing
In Sliverville tonight

No comments: