17 February 2018

Better Days Ahead



I do not know anything. Despite that I have developed several leanings over the years that might make it look like I know something. Most all those leanings took form in the early 1980s as British Columbia’s forest industry, the only work I had known and would ever know, and a great deal else went into decline.

At a job search seminar the government forced me attend at the time, during one of my frequent jobless stretches, the facilitator encouraged me to get trained up so I could switch careers - into senior’s care. I had never and would never set foot in the parasite economy. Never understood why anybody would encourage that sort of behaviour.

Real work was the thing for me. First dollars some call it. Forestry, fishing, mining, construction, farming. Same as it is for most people when such work is available. (To this day I cannot understand why farm work, in particular, is not more valued by society. If it were much social decay could be avoided.) Creating wealth with your own hands is good for people’s spirit.

So I am pleased the BC government, a government I took action to help elect, is moving to restore what they can in the way of community benefit (jobs) to the province’s forest industry. We need every last family supporting job we can in B.C. and elsewhere. Real work goes some ways to preventing the social decay that has become the Parasitic Spirit of Our Age.

Our logs. Our jobs. Forever.

No comments: