26 September 2017

Screwed Up



I have started buying Mojo, the British music magazine. $14 (Canadian) it is expensive but I like it enough to throw it into the shopping buggy now and then.

Mojo usually includes a cd. Cd included with the September edition (which reminded it has been 40 years since Marc Bolan's death) is a compiliation which includes Menace's "Screwed Up", my first digital copy of the song which I now get to sing along with in my car to and from the fucking sawmill.

Screwed up eyes
 In your screwed up head
I bet you don't know
What I just said

You're so screwed up
Everybody knows you're so screwed up

Screwed up in the road and
You're screwed up in the street
You think my eyes are painted on
You think I can't see






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25TgZRyFQNc

ib said...

Dandy in the Underworld. Stopped by an immovable force of nature, or simply stumped. Either it was a fitting time to go.

It is thrilling, vicariously, to know that you are singing along to Menace on the way to the saw mill. I remember the driver of an articulated lorry requesting Napalm Death one time on John Peel's Show. Flying solo on the motorway out of Birkenhead.

That was something of a gas too. Bolan as opposed to Sid.

Just keep your hands on the wheel and your wheels out the ditch.