30 May 2017

Victory



The manners of society are by no means
So unchanged and unalterable as many men suppose.

- William Godwin



I rejoined the NDP about five years ago to prevent the election of the worst Premier in the history of British Columbia.

That application of my free agency did not go so good the first time.

The second time went a little better.

I hope the third go, against which ever leader dares to stand in the way of The People on behalf of the Liberal Party (or whatever it is they choose to call themselves by then) goes even better.

For those of you keeping score at home, that makes me 2 for 5 when I have actively participated in Canadian provincial campaigns. My winning percentage nationally is the same as every other fucking NDPer. If we elect Nikki Ashton leader I fully expect my national winning percentage to increase substantially.




2 comments:

Rob said...

I have no idea what I am talking about, perhaps, but I believe our biggest battle is not the government but the media. I know, you know, Norm knows, Ross knows but nobody else knows. If all the people knew what we know we would not be having this conversation.

Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

Are you suggesting our fading fifth estate will not fawn all over the GreeNDP for the next four and a half years like they have over the Liberals for the past sixteen?